As a resident assistant in college, I dealt with my fair share of “helicopter parents.”
For those of you that aren’t familiar with the term, a helicopter mom or dad is a parental figure that single-handedly tries to micromanage every aspect of their son or daughter’s life. Now take a moment to reflect, and if that describes your parenting style, go ahead and loosen the leash just a bit.
The mere thought of your son or daughter leaving, or you leaving them for any extended period of time, can cause a helicopter parent to kick into full throttle. But let me be the first to tell you that everything will be alright, and when all else fails, leave a note like these 26 awesome moms and dads did.
1. “No, the other Handel!”
2. The stationery really pulls this picture together.
3. This is what happens when your stepdad’s a fireman.
4. This dad might be a member of the mob.
5. Mom and Dad have slightly different ideas about their son’s road trip.
6. I think Sarah finally got the hint that she’ll be paying for her own gas from now on.
7. I think she meant to say love tap.
8. Spoiler alert: Everyone dies!
9. Either Mom’s a Star Wars fan or she’s Yoda’s wife.
10. To put it bluntly…
11. I feel your pain.
12. Who even likes babies anyhow?
13. It’s the respectable thing to do.
14. “The number you have reached is no longer in service.”
15. This dad’s laying it on quite thick.
16. Three girls, one Joshua.
17. What if Meatloaf had moved??
18. I’m going to start going above and beyond for all my serial killer visitors, too!
19. Vagisil: Same flavor, same great taste!
20. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
21. I think this dad just discovered Reddit.
22. When Mom has to provide a transcript with every note from Dad.
23. Well, this son’s dinner options are limited.
24. Liam and Alexia were able to let their parents sleep in until 10:01 a.m.
25. Someone takes their electrical sockets seriously.
26. Anyone else shedding a tear for all the unicorns lost during their childhood?
I can’t guarantee that when I’m older I’m not going to be a helicopter parent, but at least I have some inspiration to be the “cool” parent.