Men, am I right?
1. You are a talented and beautiful singer-songwriter.
2. You’ve got a sexy, scintillatiing new single that’s sure to intimidate every man that’s ever done you wrong.
3. It’s time to shoot the music video. What do you do?
4. If you’re Ingrid Michaelson, you skip all the obvious stuff — skimpy outfits, pyrotechnics, etc. — and call up Rainn Wilson and your buddies at Soul Pancake instead.
5. You recruit Anchorman‘s David Koechner to throw roses in your face.
7. You give The Office‘s Brian Baumgartner permission to ruin the mood.
9. You do this because it is funny, but also because men can be the worst.
10. They’ll steal your moment and trample your heart without thinking twice about it.
11. It’s up to you to reveal this ~timeless truth~ and put them in their place.
“When I came up with the idea for this video, I had no clue how to get these guys involved,” Michaelson told BuzzFeed News. “I’ve never loved being upstaged so much!”