Take a look around the room you’re sitting in right now. Odds are, the things that surround you have countless uses you had no idea about.
Take that rubber band…it’s great at holding things together, but it can also prevent your kids from slamming doors. Or your shower cap. It keeps your hair dry but it’s good for so much more.
Here are just a few of the things you have in your home that can work overtime if you just let them.
1. Keep those empty egg cartons and store fragile items like Christmas ornaments in them.
2. You can also use them as seed starters. They’re biodegradable and can therefore be planted!
3. Toothpaste isn’t just for cleaning your teeth!
4. It also makes your diamonds and fine silver sparkle.
5. Got a jar that you just can’t open? Grab a spoon!
6. You can also seriously reduce under-eye bags by freezing a spoon and gently rubbing it like so.
7. Keep all those tiny bathroom tools in one place by mounting a magnet on your wall.
8. Never break a nail again when you have to remove a battery from a snug spot — just grab a magnet.
9. Bring disposable shower caps home from hotels and reuse them by wrapping them around shoes when you pack them in your suitcase.
10. No piping bag? No problem…just grab one of those unused shower caps!
11. Command hooks aren’t just good for hanging photos. Use them to store baking utensils.
12. Keep pot lids orderly by mounting them via hooks on your cupboard doors.
13. Use a rubber band to give yourself a French manicure.
14. Stop taking your eyes off the road to look at your GPS when you use rubber bands.
15. Crumple up some tinfoil and use it as a scrubber for extra-dirty pots and pans.
16. Sharpen your scissors with a couple cuts through aluminum foil.
Now that you’ve seen a second (and third) side to some of the things lying around your house, just imagine the possibilities of all those other items!